How Car Window Tinting Protects Your Skin
It’s a common thing to remember wearing sunscreen during the summertime — especially if you live on the hotter parts of the world like Mesa, Arizona — and this is because we want to protect ourselves from harmful UV radiation that could cause damage to our skin and could even increase the risk of skin cancer.
But unbeknownst to many, it’s actually pretty hard to get away from the sun. With this in mind, drivers who want to ensure they’re safe from the harms of UV rays get car window tinting. And if you’ve been wondering whether car tints are actually worth it, you’ve come to the right place!
How Your Car Actually Harms You
Despite the many strategies people do to escape the sun, we actually rarely get away from it — even staying within the confines of our cars don’t actually do much. And here’s why: the sun emits different kinds of UV radiation and some of them don’t stay outside.
The two types of light that hits the earth; UVA and UVB. Unfortunately, both can actually contribute to the risk of skin cancer.
Ultraviolet B does not penetrate the skin as deep as UVA can. Despite this, it’s still powerful enough to cause sunburns and other visible changes like discoloration. Another key point to remember about UVB is that though it’s present all year-round, it’s more prevalent in sunny climates and can be more damaging at higher altitudes.
On the other hand, Ultraviolet A accounts to up to 95% of the radiation that reaches the Earth and is actually good at finding people. They can easily bounce off reflective surfaces like water and can even penetrate window glass.
For instance, if you happen to be sitting next to your car’s side windows, there’s a likely chance that UVA is already doing its damage. Furthermore, this type of radiation invites in the unwelcomed early signs of premature aging like dark spots and wrinkles.
Sunscreen may protect you from UVB rays when you’re out in the sun but UVA will follow you even inside your vehicle without mobile window tinting! It may seem like automotive window tint and other tint films are used for aesthetic purposes, but tint jobs actually do a lot for both your car and your family!
As a matter of fact, even the Skin Care Foundation recommends window tinting services. Experts believe car owners with protective films on their windows are in the right direction when it comes to formulating an effective sun protection program for their family. Their website claims that though UVB can be blocked by glass, 50% of UVA can still pass through it. They explain that high quality window films can be used to block up to 99% of UVA radiation.
There’s nothing wrong with added protection for the family. But now that we’ve discussed how your vehicle could possibly be causing more harm than good, it’s time we talk about how to make sure tint films do their jobs!
Making of High Quality Tinting
Undoubtedly, professionally installed mobile window tinting can cause quite a lot — that’s why some people are reluctant of getting their cars tinted. Fortunately enough for drivers on a budget, the increasing demand for car tinting has resulted to the invention of tint kits!
Tint kits provide pre-cut mobile tinting films to the average driver for a cost-effective price. Car owners who want to save more are able to install the car tints themselves, lessening the cost for sun protection. While this may be true, it still poses the question of whether it’s the best way to go.
DIY Vs Professional Installation
Whenever car owners decide to get anything done in their car, they often do their own research first. For instance, they’ll look into the average cost of window tinting and see if there’s any option that fits their budget. Afterwards, they’ll see the different types of products they can purchase and lastly, they’ll decide whether they can do the project themselves or seek professional help!
Admittedly, a lot of car owners often get stuck with the last question. With this in mind, we’ve broken down the pros and cons of installing car tints on your own and professional tint jobs!
- Fits The Budget: With the rising demand for mobile window tinting, those with limited budget can easily find products that fights their budget — like tint kits! Furthermore, the online world has also expanded the ways drivers can look for products or options that work well for them.
- Easier Installation: Unlike entire sheets of car tint films, pre cut tint kits are all measured up and ready to be applied. Admittedly, automotive window tinting is one of the more complicated car projects you can do but with the help of tint kits, you can easily go about installing them!
- Less Expensive: In like manner, doing the tint job yourself means your cutting on the cost of hiring someone else to do it. A point often overlooked when it comes to window tinting estimates is the labor car owners actually need to pay.
- Complicated Job: As mentioned earlier, mobile window tinting is one of the more practical yet complicated automotive projects out there. It may be satisfying to see yourself get everything done on your own but it must be remembered that it’s a delicate process than imagined. For one, you’ll have to look for a clean place to do it as dust particles can easily mess up the tint job. You may be experienced in modifying your own car but car tinting is a much more intricate project.
- Legality: Drivers know that there are strict regulations when it comes to car modifications including window tinting. If you’re not well-versed in the window tinting laws of each state, you could accidentally purchase films with illegal tint percentages.
- Experienced Installation Teams: Window tinting companies hire professionals that have the expertise and the right knowledge to use tools that ensure high quality mobile window tinting.
- Long Term Savings: A large majority of car owners opt for professional tint jobs due to the fear of not getting the job done right away. For instance, if a driver opted to DIY the tinting of his car and messed it up, he’ll have to pay an extra fee for window tint removal. By having experts install window tints means less risk of having it redone!
- Guarantees: One great advantage that tint kits don’t have are guarantees. Tint shops wants their clients to feel safe and with this in mind, they offer up warranties for each tint job that they do!
- Legality: The great thing about having field experts around is that they can easily explain what works and what doesn’t, especially in terms of the law. There’s no need for you to worry about whether your car tint is legal or not!
- Cost: Undeniably, professional tint jobs cost a lot but that’s because car owners aren’t just paying for the product itself. They will also be paying for the labor of experts as well as the guarantees the tinting company will offer.
- Quality: There are about a thousand of window tint providers in Arizona alone. Hence, it’s pretty understandable for new car owners to be skeptical of spending their money.
Meet New Friends
Professional automotive window tinting may cost a lot but there’s guarantee that you’ll reap the rewards in the long run. Make new friends with us and schedule for a consultation!