Arizonans may love the rain, but we don’t always love what comes with it: driving safety hazards. Below, our car window tinting technicians in AZ have broken down useful tips that can help drivers stay safe during monsoon season.
How to Prepare for Driving in Monsoon Season
The best strategy for being safe is preparing for the worst ahead of time. Before you get on the road during monsoon season, make sure to:
- Inspect your windshield and make sure you have maximum visibility. If the car window tinting on your AZ vehicle is bubbling or peeling, get it replaced.
- Check your windshield wipers and replace them if needed.
- Keep extra emergency supplies in your car, such as a fully-charged cellphone, an emergency kit, and drinking water.
- Remember to expect the unexpected and keep a lookout for hazards like falling rocks, downed power lines, fallen trees, and flooded washes.
- If you can, avoid driving during a storm and stay where you are until it passes.
What to Do If You Can’t Pull Over During a Monsoon
If you can’t avoid driving during a monsoon, there are several important points to remember to stay safe.
- Pull off to an exit or as far to the right as possible and wait for the storm to pass.
- Drive slowly and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Avoid sudden braking and flooded lanes and washes.
- Do not drive around road closure signs.
- When hydroplaning, release the gas pedal and turn your steering wheel in the direction you’re sliding.
Keep these helpful tips in mind to stay safe on the road this monsoon season. And when the window tint on your car needs to be replaced, be sure to address the issue as soon as possible and contact our car window tinting experts in AZ at Smartfilm.
Call Smartfilm for Car Window Tinting in AZ
Stay prepared for hazardous driving conditions by making sure your window tint is in good condition. Schedule an appointment for car window tinting in AZ at Smartfilm.